^^An accurate depiction of me writing^^
I’d say that one of the most misunderstood professions out there are writers. When I tell people I want to be a writer when I grow up, I’m met with an astonishing number of blank stares and concerned expressions. But, no matter the outside opinions and concern of our loved ones, at least we have each other. So, fellow writers, here are 20 problems you may or may not have faced in your lifetime. And if you’re not a writer but know a few, these are a few things that they probably struggle with:
- Writing late into the night and completely ruining your sleep schedule.
- Reading over what you wrote a few days ago. And. Like. Why did I think this was a good idea?
- Realizing that you made everyone in a scene do the same thing – like raise an eyebrow or cross their arms or have their eyes darken.
- Laptop battery dying.
- Wifi is down.
- Those words you cannot spell right, no matter how many times you write them. Like continuoes, accurrate, and emmenating. (At least, those are a few of mine.)
- When people ask you what your book is about.
- Character names.
- Knowing your characters, but struggling to come up with a good plot.
- Knowing your plot, but struggling to get to know your characters.
- “Geez, I didn’t know that writing a book meant having to do this much research.”
- The thought of someone looking at your browser history.
- “Why do I feel so terrible? Oh yeah…I’ve been writing all day and haven’t eaten a bit.”
- Feeling the blessing of the muse at every moment of the day except for when you actually have time to sit and write.
- Coming up with a new idea when you’re supposed to be focused on your current work in progress.
- “Writing can’t be a real job.”
- When people assume that the only writing job out there for you to pursue is to work for a newspaper.
- Getting caught daydreaming about characters.
- Trying to find a middle ground between, “…and they all lived happily ever after,” and “…then they all died.”
- Revising, and, commas, are, every,, where,,,,
So there you have it. I absolutely love writer problems posts, so I thought I’d compile a list of my own, and I had a lot of fun.
As always, have a lovely day and I’ll see you again soon. 🙂